- Exotic Hardwood Beauty – Each side of this reversible cutting/serving board showcases the striking visual traits of ebony: black on one side with a marbled blend of light and dark hues on the other; The board's middle section is African sapele
- Attractive Serving Board Design – This board makes a gorgeous display item on your countertop and a great gift to complement kitchen décor, serveware, dinnerware and other pantry items
- Unique Selection Experience – On the Stella Falone website, customers have the opportunity to choose their own unique cutting board, each of which showcases a one-of-a-kind exotic hardwood grain pattern
Quality & Craftsmanship
Each Stella Falone cutting board is backed by over 45 years of Taylor Guitars' widely recognized woodworking and craftsmanship expertise. Stella Falone leverages Taylor's world-renowned manufacturing resources to produce cutting boards that raise the bar for quality and durability in the marketplace:
- Premium Quality & Durable Construction – Premium design with 42mm thickness features a durable, knife-friendly surface that's naturally sanitary and withstands heavy-duty chopping, cutting and cleaning; Includes free conditioning oil to prevent drying out, warping or cracking
- Two Board Sizes With Large Surfaces & Carved Grip Edges – The 11.4-inch x 11.4-inch (small, $129) and 18-inch x 11.4-inch (large, $199) surface areas are ideal for mincing, chopping and slicing, while the convenient carved grip edge enables easy handling during food prep, serving and cleaning; Total weight: 5.72 lbs (small), 9 lbs (large)
- Free Conditioning Oil & Non-Slip Mat Included – Boards purchased from the Stella Falone website ship with free conditioning oil and a non-slip mat that provides extra stability and safety while cutting
A More Ethical Cutting Board
The West African ebony used for these cutting boards is legally and ethically sourced. The sale of each Stella Falone cutting board helps sustain steady jobs with living wages in Cameroon, along with better-quality tools and increased skills training. The launch of Stella Falone allows for even greater potential to enhance the lives of Cameroonians by providing a market for high-quality ebony kitchenware. The end result is greater prosperity and hope for Cameroonian families and the surrounding community.
"Stella Falone is an outgrowth of our commitment to the Cameroonian communities who contribute to the ebony trade," Bob Taylor continued. "After traveling to Cameroon for more than eight years and working with employees at the mill and others involved in sourcing ebony, I'm in love with the people. Their ability to add value to an important native natural resource with Stella Falone products gives them a greater stake in their future."
The purchase of Stella Falone products also supports the long-term preservation of Cameroon's rainforest through the replanting of ebony trees for future generations. A partnership with sister company Taylor Guitars and the Congo Basin Institute — an extension of UCLA — has led to a groundbreaking community-based ebony replanting program that's on track to plant more than 15,000 ebony trees by the end of 2020. It's called The Ebony Project.
For more information, and to view and purchase cutting boards, visit www.StellaFalone.com.
ABOUT STELLA FALONE
Stella Falone was born out of our passion for beautiful, high-quality kitchen tools and a desire to build a socially responsible business around ethically sourced West African ebony wood. Our reversible ebony cutting and serving boards combine stunning aesthetic beauty, durable construction, and versatile functionality. Each board displays ebony's exotic visual character in a unique way. Our ebony comes from the small Crelicam mill in Cameroon, co-owned by our sister company, Taylor Guitars, an industry-leading acoustic guitar manufacturer. The purchase of Stella Falone cutting boards supports steady jobs with living wages in Cameroon, along with a groundbreaking ebony replanting initiative in the Congo Basin Rainforest.
Alex Jessup, JESSUP PR
SOURCE Stella Falone